We've lived in Utah, Nebraska, upper Michigan and now we've settled in Colorado...at least for now! Marley is 10, Isi is 6 and Enzo is 4!

Life is great!

Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm a Raccoon!!!

Is raccoon spelled right? It looks wrong.


Yesterday, the weather was so nice, it got up to 78 degrees Fahrenheit!!! Our friend Amy organized a picnic in her backyard. Shalantie and I rode our bikes to the picnic and we got SO hot! I was so surprised by how warm it was. We had a good ol' time visiting and eating our lunches...and an OH SO GOOD chocolate sheet cake Amy made. I started to worry that Marley's head might be burning in the hot sun, so we packed up and rode our bikes home. No sun burn on Marley but my face and arms are BURNED!!! And I was wearing sunglasses so...that's why I'm a raccoon. I'm not sure which picture you can see it better in, but here are two to choose from.





Now, here are the pictures you REALLY want to see. I like to stick theses star cereal baby food things on Marley. All you have to do is barely touch them with your tongue and they will stick.

It is most hilarious when I put one on her nose because she can kinda see it but she just can't get it. Sometimes she gives up and just leaves the star on her nose. The other ones all over her face could stay for hours because she can't see them.

"Mom, what am I doing that is cute right now? You have the camera out...do you just want me to look cute?"

"Hey, why are you taking a picture?"
"No reeaalllyyy mom what's the camera for?"

"TELL MEE!!!!!"

"Please?!?"

"Fine. I'm cool. I don't need to know."

11 comments:

Shalantie said...

haha... yes that is hilarious. I love your commentary on marleys pictures! Well I didn't get a sunburn at all. I guess that's a good thing.

Julie J. said...

That little slide show was super funny! She's so cute.

Jeanna said...

I don't know where I've been the past week or so, maybe on work crack or something? Anyway, I've missed all kinds of posts from you!

I am loving the pics. I get to hear about how wonderful Marley is from Julie, but when I met her over Christmas break when you were in town I became a believer. Marley really is a super nice, super cute baby! And, she looks so good when adorned with stars!

Congrats on the quarters and the dishwasher. Our dishwasher went out a few months ago and we got a sweet deal on ksl.com and I am loving my new racks. Old racks are so icky!

Natasha and Jesse said...

She's so cute with the stars, and your commentary is fun. I think you'll have to watch her when she's older, those boys will be a comin'. And her little teeth are so cute too. Sorry about your sunburn, but I bet it was nice to have warm weather.

chelsea mckell said...

that picture sequence and the commentary.... love it. thanks for the laugh.
You spelled raccoon correctly. But I agree, it does look odd - like it shouldn't have two C's AND two O's.

Anonymous said...

I can't see the raccoon=ness, but I believe you. Marley is getting SO big. I can't believe she's almost one. CRAZY!!!

Unknown said...

Marley is so big! I can't believe it! She is so cute! And so are you! :) We miss you!

Cher said...

haha! so funny!

Lilianne said...

I love your captions for those pictures. Gave me a good laugh. I'll have to try that on Lois! :-)

Tiffany Cramer said...

I am jealous of your raccoonageness (if you think raccoon looks wrong what do you think of that?) It has been cold here, but now it is finally getting sort of warmful. I like making up words. This is fun. :)

pillingfamily said...

i'm so glad you found me because i've wondered so many times where you ended up and what you were up to. your little girl is so so darling. she looks a lot like you. looks like you guys are doing great. so glad we can keep tabs on each other now. alexis and my friend danielle (do you remember her) moved to boise a little while ago too. it's fun.