We've lived in Utah, Nebraska, upper Michigan and now we've settled in Colorado...at least for now! Marley is 10, Isi is 6 and Enzo is 4!

Life is great!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Yo! Here's a little update and a plug...

We are doing well.  All our fun trips of summer are done.  I will be posting about each, probably until next summer. So many pictures! 

Here's the update.  I am looking for a little part time job while Nathan continues THE BIG HUNT.  We are pursuing some promising avenues to get Nathan THE job in THE organization he really desires. 

The down-low on the part time jobs.  Places I applied (in order of where I want to work):  Dental office, Home Depot, Fresh Market, Walmart, Taco Time.  And wouldn't you know, I filled out the Taco Time application yesterday, she had me come in for an interview yesterday, and this morning she offered me the job.  I had to decline because they could only start me out at minimum wage - $7.25.  If it was in our town I would probably have done it, but since it's in the town about 15-20 minutes away....after taxes, tithing and gas....it just didn't seem worth the energy and time.  About 15 minutes after I declined, the dental office called and wants to interview me next Wednesday at 4:30!  I hope I get that! 

Our immediate families have decided to fast for us to help us in securing a job for Nathan.  We will be fasting too, of course.  If anyone else out there would like to join the fast we are doing it this Sunday (the 19th).  I love the law of the fast.  It's hard when you don't have a purpose in fasting, but when you do it is so rewarding! 

Ok, here's THE BIG PLUG.  My cousin Amy and I stared a weight loss blog.  It's mainly for us.  We hope to inspire others.  The blog is open to public viewing so if you want to check it out and show us support by visiting and commenting and sharing suggestions, please do!  Secret: If you wanted to join us, I'm pretty sure we'd let you.  But, I'll have to discuss that with Amy, after you fill out the application and send in your resume.  (hee hee!)  It's called The Weight Is Over.  Go check it out! 

PS - I've got the blogging bug again....I promise to post more often....lots of fun and interesting posts to come!

5 comments:

Julie J. said...

You are so perfect for the dental office job. They would be crazy not to hire you. Especially since you have such a perfect smile.:)

Emily said...

I'll check it out! Thanks for posting!

Christina said...

Best of luck with your interview. I really hope it goes well.

I'm excited to skip on over to The Weight is Over. You're so clever!

Sconierson said...

Well as your personal trainer you need to let me know what you are doing so that I can approve or disapprove. And just remember the months are flying by and I still haven't heard about your 10K yet. I miss you. I was thinking about you on my 6.50 mile run the other day.

Jill said...

I hope you get the dentist office job! Is it in Salina? I checked out your weight loss blog. Looks awesome. Just in case you need another motivating factor, if you start now, you will be in tip top shape to run on my relay team next year! Good luck with everything. I love you guys!