We've lived in Utah, Nebraska, upper Michigan and now we've settled in Colorado...at least for now! Marley is 10, Isi is 6 and Enzo is 4!

Life is great!

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Where did 2017 go!?!?

I CAN NOT believe it has been over a YEAR since I last posted!
In a few more months it would have been 2 YEARS!!! 
WHAT!?!? 
I didn't post ANYTHING in 2017!?!?!

It was such a signification year! 
It was a busy year!
One of the hardest of my life!
It flew by!

After 11 years of marriage we FINALLY bought a house!
We have a solid marriage but I would say anytime we are making a major purchase we struggle. 
Buying a house is a MAJOR purchase so that was pretty hard on our marriage. 
We survived and our marriage survived. 
So, that's great!
But, it was HARD!!!

My dad passed away suddenly.
Maybe I'll write about that someday. 
I'm sure I will. 
But, not today. 
Not today.

For most of 2017 I had 4, small but significant, paying jobs. 
I say "paying jobs" because I'm also a wife and a mom and those are big jobs in and of themselves!

I work in the childcare at our city Rec Center. 
I usually work there Tuesday and Thursday mornings. 
It's a nice gig because I can take my two little ones with me.
Right now, Lorenzo goes to the preschool there on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
So, he comes to the childcare with me and plays from 8:30 to 9:30. 
Then at 9:30 he crosses the hall and goes to preschool until I get off at 11:30.
Perfect! 

I work at Costco on Saturdays, for the optometrist. 
Sadly, that job will be ending for me, soon.
When I'm done working there it will have been a year and a half!
Though the doctor and ladies I work with are so nice and the job is fulfilling, it's been hard to work on Saturdays. 
Most of the family is gone most of the week, then I leave on Saturdays when they are all home. 
It's hard. 
I'm so glad I was able to do it as long as I did. 
The income has been a huge blessing. 
But, working every Saturday, all the time, is too hard for too long.  

I worked cleaning an Airbnb house. 
It's my friends house. 
They were on a temporary duty assignment in DC but they're back, so that job ended. 
They have a nice big 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom house. 
It was hard! 
I don't think I could have kept it up too much longer anyway!
But, it was a unique and enjoyable experience. 

I started working for Revv an online transcription company. 
I transcribe audio files.
It's interesting. 
It's not super hard, as long as the audio is clear.
It is kind of time consuming.

Those four jobs kept me SO busy. 
And working so hard. 
I like to work hard but it took a toll on me.

If I can avoid it, I think I will try really hard to never juggle 4 jobs again. 
I'm almost down to 2 jobs and I think that will be perfect for me. 

I am always applying for full time work at my kid's school so I can be where they are, have pretty dang close to the same hours as them, and have the same days and summers off! 
Ideal right? 
Someday!

Random info...
We are only having 3 kids, for quite a few reasons.
Maybe someday I'll write about that...
But, really only 3 unless God seriously intervenes.

Marley will be 10 next month!
She is changing so much!

I love the stages my kids are in while they are in them...
then they get bigger and move to the next stage and I'm in love again.

I am enjoying Isi and Lorenzo more with less jobs. 
They are still little...but not for long.

Isi is in half-day kindergarten and will be 6 next month! 
Lorenzo will be 4 in May!
He only has a year left before he starts kinder, and he will probably go to full day!

One more significant milestone from 2017...
Goldie hit 100,000 miles. 
Now she's closer to 112,000. 
Crazy right?!?

Thanks for keeping my blog on your radar...
I hope someone is....
More to come.
More regularly.

No comments: