We've lived in Utah, Nebraska, upper Michigan and now we've settled in Colorado...at least for now! Marley is 10, Isi is 6 and Enzo is 4!

Life is great!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Isabelley

Nursing in the wee hours of the morning, I think about what I'm going to do that day. 
One day (8 days after Isi was born) I decided we were going to have a "newborn" photo shoot.
I was totally excited.
Not in the least bit stressed about the undertaking.
I imagined the whole ordeal in my head, including back drops, head bands, wardrobe changes...
the works. 

Got up a couple hours later, nursed again, had breakfast and started gathering all the stuff. 
Gave Isi a bath.

Just as I was ready to start, Isi is hungry again. 
I snap a few shots.
Feed on one side.
Then take her onsie off and snap some more shots.
Feed on the other side. 
While I'm feeding I start to get a migraine floater.
Dang it! 

I finish feeding and start cleaning everything up. 

I think these turned out pretty well despite what I had imagined in my head. 
Good enough.

I've been wanting to edit these...you know make them look sharper, or whimsical or fancy.
But, sheesh!
I can't believe it's June already!

So, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit.
That's a major motto in our house.

Watch for the red hues in her hair. 
Her hair is totally red in some lighting.

Hair looks dark because it's still kinda wet.
 Red below.
 Here we break the scene up and our big helper is in the background.



 Oh! I just love her!


 Marley really was a big helper.  She almost always is.
 BABY TOES!!!

 Then the big helper wants to be the subject AND pose like the baby. Funny girl.

What's your favorite?

6 comments:

Julie J. said...

My favorite is the very first one. She looks so tranquil. and I also love the close up of Marley... Helper Marley, not baby Marley.

Alissa said...

I like the last one of marley! funny girl!

I think I like the last two before the pictures of the feat.

Fun fun fuN!

Jeanette said...

Feet pictures get me. I want to kiss them.

Sandy said...

Now I think I did not hold her enough.

Jill said...

I just want to snuggle with her! I like them all! I think in the first picture with Marley in it, Marley looks a lot like Nate did as a kid. Miss you guys!

pillingfamily said...

what a doll. i hope she keeps her read hair. she looks so much like marley in the pictures, does she in person too?