We've lived in Utah, Nebraska, upper Michigan and now we've settled in Colorado...at least for now! Marley is 10, Isi is 6 and Enzo is 4!

Life is great!

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Christmas Music

When do you start listening? 

This year I started 2 days before Halloween. 

Some people think that if you start celebrating Christmas too early it overshadows Thanksgiving. 

I consider Christmas music part of Thanksgiving.

And though Thanksgiving is an important and cool holiday, I really think Christmas is the cooler more important holiday. 

Maybe people are just talking about the commercial side of Christmas? 

Anyway.

I'm trying to build up my Christmas music collection. 

Last year I realized that we didn't have nearly enough. 

My cousin Megan was very kind and sent us a Christmas mix CD. It's awesome!

I grew up listening to Barbara Streisand's Christmas Album and I love all the songs on that...

So, this year I purchased it. 

I listen to it several times a day.

I listen to all of our Christmas music all day. We are getting a pretty great variety. 

But, we still need more.

 What are some carols, hymns and Christmas songs that you love. 

What version?

Who is singing? 

Why do you love it?

Please give me all the details...and if you have a link for youtube or something, please share that too!

5 comments:

eden said...

i'm not fully into my Christmas music yet (but i have started listening to some - i listen to it whenever i feel like it, even in the summer sometimes) (: so i'll probably have more recommendations later...

but off the top of my head - bing crosby and david bowie singing 'little drummer boy/peace on earth.' beautiful. i love that song.

i just remembered i have a list somewhere.

i'll send it to you. (:

The Yuan Fam said...

Some say it's never too early to start listening to Christmas music. I think it helps people feel the spirit if Christmas all the time. I have yet to start listening, but it won't be long.

Amber and Lincoln said...

I love Mariah Carey's album of course it is my all time favorite! I also love Josh Groban and Michael Buble. Kelly Clarkson just came out with one and i cannot wait to hear it and the Trans Siberian Orchestra is pretty awesome!

Sandy said...

I love Carpenters and Michael Crawford and of course the MOTAB.
Handel's MESSIAH being the number one.

Kathy said...

I love Carpenters and Barbara and Amy Grant and Andy Williams and Josh Groban and...
I could go on and on
but there is thanksgiving song on Josh Groban's Noel Album (I think that is the title) Such a beautiful collection and the Thankful song will be a favorite forever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSKIVf0hSn0