We've lived in Utah, Nebraska, upper Michigan and now we've settled in Colorado...at least for now! Marley is 10, Isi is 6 and Enzo is 4!

Life is great!

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Primary, Callings, and My Testimony




I am the secretary in the Primary, in my ward. When I was called, I'll be honest, I was a little disappointed and I had a lot of apprehensions. I didn't see myself as being "good" with kids. I also thought I would miss Relief Society and I do, but I am loving Primary.


With that said, today, Primary was hard! I won't go into details, to protect the innocent, but one of the sisters in the presidency cried. I wanted to cry. By the end, I think ALL the adults wanted to run to the bishops office to ask to be released. I'm 99.9% sure none of us did.

This got me to thinking about callings. I am so grateful for those people who accept a calling no matter what it is and then do their very best to fulfill that calling. We were taught, in our home growing up, that you never turn down a calling and then you do all you can to fulfill that calling. I am so grateful for that example.


I have a firm testimony that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is the same organization that was established by Christ when he was on the earth. I am so grateful for living Prophets and Apostles. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the Prophet that has been called and set apart to lead the World! I had my very own special and sacred experience to get that confirmation, because I asked. You can ask and know too.


I am grateful to live my life with the knowledge of the plan of salvation, it truly is the plan of happiness. Knowing where I came from, why I am here and where I am going helps me everyday. Having an eternal perspective helps me love more and I am so grateful for that blessing.


I love the Book of Mormon and the Bible. I am so grateful to know God's dealings with His children. I'm grateful that he follows patterns so we can recognize truth. He truly is the same yesterday, today and forever.


I am so grateful for this month that we have to reflect on the birth and life of The Savior. He is the ultimate example of love, patience and kindness. I want to be like Him! I know he paid the price for ALL OUR SINS. He is the only one that can truly succor us when we are sad, lonely, in pain, in need, and imperfect. He knows us better than anyone which, makes me SO grateful that he is my mediator and advocate with The Father. I know that through Jesus Christ we can become like Him and we can return to the pressence of our Heavenly Father. He lives and because He broke the bands of death we will all live again. What a glorious and perfect plan.


Thanks for reading my blog. Blogs are funny because people blog for many reasons. My reason is for my family and friends that I live too far way from. I like to be silly and tell funny stories. I like to be dramatic and blow things out of proportion. But, this post is so that you never forget that I know who I am. I know God's plan. And I am doing my very best to follow Him in faith. (sorta just quoted a primary song, but it's true!). I am so grateful to have an eternal family....oh! I could go on and on. I am so blessed and so grateful.


Amen!

5 comments:

My Everythings said...

Thanks for your testimony. You are a good writer...very entertaining. :)oh yeah, i meant to bring you pan back to you today but forgot. let me know if you need it soon.

Julie J. said...

You have a very powerful testimony! I'm grateful you shared it. Thanks Beck.

Kathy said...

amen

Sandy said...

Thank you my darling daughter for sharing that powerful testimony. I love you. MOM

Sconierson said...

I felt so sorry for you guys on Sunday. It was really rough in there. But all in all everyone is still alive and you taught an awesome lesson and you are really good with kids.