We've lived in Utah, Nebraska, upper Michigan and now we've settled in Colorado...at least for now! Marley is 10, Isi is 6 and Enzo is 4!

Life is great!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Church Lady

At my church there is no paid clergy. 
We all serve.
We are called to fulfill certain assignments.
Some are called to fill leadership positions.
Most are called to fill supporting positions.
All are called to teach and share the gospel.

Today I spoke in Sacrament meeting. 
The topic I was given was the Atonement of Jesus Christ. 

I learned so much through preparing the talk. 
Most of what I learned I think I already knew but I needed to be reminded.

Some of what I learned I did not know and I feel so blessed.

I still have A LOT to learn and understand.
I mostly quoted Bruce R. McConkie, who was a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. 
The last talk he gave in General Conference was delivered just 13 days before he died and he spoke powerfully about the Atonement. 

The Ensign Magazine just republished his talk in last months' issue.
The article is entitled The Purifying Power of Gethsemane.

If you have time to read it. 
You should.
If you have time to ponder what it means to you and your life.
You should. 

I know the Atonement of Jesus Christ is for everyone! 

I also had the opportunity to teach Relief Society today.

Busy busy in a small branch of the church. 

Just call me Church Lady.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Church Lady! That sounds like a busy day!!! It was great to talk to you!

KordelandHeather said...

Now that is one crazy Sunday! I've been enjoying the last few sundays off with the new baby. Its been wonderful! I actually did read that talk a couple weeks ago and I think it was the first time I had read the whole thing and not just the last few paragraphs that are quoted so often in the church. Love you BECKY!

Julie J. said...

Sounds like a one woman show! But I guess you'll be doing a lot of those things, a lot of the time. I predict you speak in Sacrament Meeting about every 12 weeks. And teach in R.S. every 4... Do you guys have callings yet?

Becky said...

No callings yet.