Why Farmer Freitas' Wife?
Well, my husband loves to garden and my sister likes to call him Farmer Freitas....so you know what that makes me.
We're livin' it up on the U.P. - that's Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Punkie is 6 and LOVED Kindergarten! Isaboo is 2 and she's a smiley whirl wind. We also call her Busy-Isi. This year we welcomed little Lorenzo to our family.
Life is great!
Sunday, May 1, 2011
Finally....the 100th post.
So back around January 2009 I was nearing my 100th post.
I was preparing 100 random things about me.
I know a few people that have done this when they reach their 100th post.
I never did it though.
I think it was because I couldn't think of 100 things to share....
3. Asside from babysitting a lot. My first job was at an Office Supply & Stationary Store (McWhorter's).
4. I have been married for 5 years this November.
5. I love roadtrips!
6. I like to cook....after I've watched an episode of Iron Chef America!
7. I am currently reading The Help...it's good!
8. I am 5'6".
9. I have never had a professional message...but I think I would love it!
10. I have been to Japan....Booya! I've been ALL OVER that island/country! I loved it! (2006)
11. I want to travel to all 50 states (I'm about 3/4 done).
12. I didn't vote for Barack Obama. Love me. Hate me. It's your choice. I respect that.
13. All of the first born girls in my family have Joy as their middle name. They are named after my grandmother.
14. I have a lot of favorite colors...but I guess the most consistent one is blue.
15. I enjoy riding my bike.
16. I lived in Florida for one semester and worked at Walt Disney World.
17. My favorite drinks are water, chocolate milk, hot chocolate, root beer and dr. pepper.
18. I donated 10 inches of my hair to locks of love once.
19. My daughter Marlayna is named after a very good friend from my mission.
20. I have 3 nieces and 2 nephew....That was when I originally started this list...now I have 4 nieces and 2 nephews on my side. And on Nate's side I have 3 nieces and 2 nephews.
21. My favorite shows of all time are The Cosby Show, MONK, and LOST.
22. I love to floss my teeth, but don't do it as often now that I'm a mom.
23. My favorite shows to watch are The Biggest Loser, The Closer, and Psych.
24. I was on the Softball team in high school.
25. I was in the Color Guard in high school and one year they even tricked me into being the captain.
26. I do not like the taste or smell of Thanksgiving turkey.
27. Meadow Gold Tin Can Alley is my favorite ice cream (they don't sell it in Lincoln, NE....I'VE LOOKED!!!!) I should look for that in the Soo.
28. I have a fake tooth.
29. I own a Nikon D5000. Really really enjoy it.
30.Our black honda accord's name is The Black Pearl.
31. I wear size 7 1/2 or 8 shoe...depending on the shoe.
32. I have been to Hawaii and hiked Diamond Head. (2005)
33. I really would like to go on a cruise...someday.
34. Nathan and I have a Bucket List...it includes sleeping in a Castle.
35. I have an enhanced driver's license.
36. I am a member of facebook under Rebecca A. Freitas.
37. I have an alter ego.
38. I never thought I would only have 1 kid at age 31.
39. When people learn my age they often say they thought I was younger than I am.
40. I am allergic to horses....ok, I'm allergic to anything with fur but I get the worst reaction from horses....and cats.
41. I love Disneyland...who doesn't?
42. Nathan and I are 80 days apart...I'm older.
43. I have had glasses since 4th grade, contacts since 8th.
44. I would really like to have Lasik.
45.I have lived in 6 states.
46. I love breakfast but I don't like cold cereal for breakfast.
47. I was in choir for 7 years.
48. I peed my pants in the second grade (am I that desperate for things to share already? I'm not even to 50 yet!)
49. I peed my pants at girls camp a few times...all accidents, of course. One was early in the morning and I was trying to get all my stuff together for a shower so I wouldn't have to come back. I should have just made a second trip. The other was when my friend Elizabeth and I were trying to hike our bedding back up to our cabin after sleeping on inspiration point and we started laughing, really hard. I got nicknamed the Peepee Monster.
50. I am half way done with random facts about me!
51. If I laugh too hard, sometimes I throw up.
52. We just signed up for Netflix last week and we LOVE it!
53. I wish we had a Wii....someday.
54. I am hungry right now. Oh wait, I'm always hungry.
55. I have stayed up all night playing barbies several times. Not recently.
56. I hit a deer once.
57. I used to hate to shop. Now I can tolerate it.
58. I feel in love with Nathan when he was dressed up like Jack Sparrow.
59. I love being a stay at home mom.
60. I like trying new recipes for dinner.
61. When I lived in Lincoln, I was a member of a card group and that is when my creativity sprouted.
62. When I was a kid I used to down hill ski every Saturday during the winter. I do not remember the last time I went. So expense these days.
63. I would like to learn more about digital scrapbooking.
64. I lived in a motel for part of my childhood (Montana, parent's managed the motel).
65. I can triple roll my tongue. I'll show you sometime.
66. I love The Goonies.
67. I am the 3rd of 4 children.
68. I love to snorkel.
69. I have been Mount Rushmore.
70. My daughter often pretends that she is me...she says, "I'm Bicky." Then when I call her Marley, she says, "No, mom call my Bicky."And when she is Becky, I'm usually Sam.
71. I love to dance to music.
72. I love warm, sunny days and to drive with the windows down and music up.
73. My favorite holiday is Christmas.
74. I can't wait for spring when the flowers and trees begin to blossom:)
75. I used to love to exercise. Not anymore.
76. I suppose as a consequence of #75 I feel fat.
77. I had braces when I was 23...it's a long story...it has to do with that fake tooth.
78. I love Disney movies...who doesn't?
79. When I was little my sisters and I often rode bikes that were too big for us...just because.
80. My favorite dinner is homemade pizza.
81. I love to clean my house.
82. Nathan and I enjoy riding bikes...did I already say that?
83. I love to be told, "I love you!"...who doesn't?
84. I want to buy a piano...someday.
85. I love children's books.
86. In Lincoln, I let our management know we had an inferior dishwasher and two days later we came home from grocery shopping and we had a brand new one!
87. We don't have a dishwasher now. But, we have a washer and dryer!
88. I got my bachelor's degree from BYU.
89. I had plans to go to graduate school to be a Speech Pathologist.
90. I have become a little more crafty since becoming a stay-at-home mom.
91. Sometimes I have a hard time getting rid of stuff....I'm getting better though.
92. I'm a morning person and Nathan's a night owl...it makes our nights and mornings interesting.
93. I just saw Tangled for the first time on Monday. Loved it!
94. I know my Heavenly Father Loves Me!
95. My favorite Jelly Bellies are Buttered Popcorn, Bubble Gum, and Coconut.
96. I love the internet...who doesn't?
97. I know that Pineapple is a natural meat tenderizer...did you know that?
98. I love to hike.
99. I love to make new friends and have a hard time keeping in touch with old friends...even though I love them!
100. You are my best friend because you read all 100 Random Facts About Me!