We've lived in Utah, Nebraska, upper Michigan and now we've settled in Colorado...at least for now! Marley is 10, Isi is 6 and Enzo is 4!

Life is great!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Natey and Marley Quite Contrary

As you know, Nathan has been titled Farmer Freitas by my sister, because he loves to garden. 
Yes, our garden is small and you may think him not worthy of this title but, please know deep down in his heart he would like nothing more than to be self reliant...totally self reliant. 
He would LOVE to live off the land by the sweat of his own brow. 
I don't know how we'd get meat in this sinario since Nathan isn't a hunter and doesn't even own a fishing pole. 
But maybe those would be included in "the farm?"

He often says, "Lets just look it over really closely and try to make it ourselves." 
I roll my eyes, especially when we are closely looking over a hand mixer or anything else you would clearly need to buy and couldn't possibly make.

Well, you have to give him credit.

There's Nate in his cute little garden. What is that in his hands?
 A push broom?

No!

A rake!?!
 A homemade rake!

Cool!?!?
 YES!
And NO. Most Farmers do not work on the Farm in their sandals...but, this one does.
What!?! Does he already have a little pumpkin growing in his garden!?!
 Oh! No. That's Marley...and I forgot. It's not Nate's garden, it's Marley's garden.

What is she doing in these pictures? Reading the seed directions to Nathan, of course!
"And you pwant it. And fwifity five days it gwows and water it and it gwows and pwant it."

Nathan: "Ok, my turn to read."

How does your garden grow?

3 comments:

Julie J. said...

Cuties!
I have to know. If Nathan owned a fishing poll what kinds of questions would he ask in the poll?
Ha! Just kidding I knew what you meant. And I picture you guys going vegetarian and only eating beans (that you grew yourselves, of course) for protien.

McKell&Janeene said...

So cute!!! She is getting so big. I am excited to see how their garden grows. :)

McKell&Janeene said...

So cute!!! She is getting so big. I am excited to see how their garden grows. :)